Recovery act drives MSU research
Awarded grant: Wave Disc Engine
Mueller, Norbert, Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site
- Department: Mechanical Engineering
- Title: Wave Disc Engine
- Funding Agency: Department of Energy - Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy (ARPA-E)
- Amount of grant: $2,540,631
- Duration of grant: 1/1/2010 - 12/31/2011
- Summary: This funding will support the completion of MSU's prototype development of a new gas-fueled electricity generator that is five times more efficient than traditional auto engines in electricity production, 20 percent lighter, and 30 percent cheaper to manufacture. This novel, ultrahigh efficiency engine could replace current backup generator technology of Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicles.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.